Aug 25, 2009

Traffic Jam in my lane

Today, I am down with fever, running nose & body ache as I start writing my next blog. I was almost sure about an hour back that my next blog would cover the upcoming Assembly Elections in Haryana until a scene happened in my lane at 10:15 in the night. As me and my mother (my father is usually asleep by this time) went into our balcony to introspect what the matter was about, as always there already were a number of spectators watching the commotion.

The argument was between two of my neighbours, actually tenants of my neighbours, who were fighting over a place to park their car. Tenant A used to park his car right in front of his house while Tenant B a little away from his place. What happened today was another car was parked in front of Tenant B’s car space and he parked his car at Tenant A’s car space. So, Tenant A asked B to get his car parked at some other place and this is where the arguments began.

I could not stop myself from just being a spectator and I knew Tenant A was a good guy, so I intervened to my Mother’s surprise, who later scolded me. When I went into the battle field, there was A and his father & B and his wife. I asked A to somehow park his car anywhere today and leave the rest for tomorrow, but he was not in a mood to relent. In a matter of time both parties started explaining their side of stories to me as if I was a judge, and even if I was a judge, I wonder whether they would honour my decision.

As the arguments began to get more and more heated, I tried to explain both the parties that fighting would just mean time waste for both of them, and if A wants, I park my car elsewhere and he can park his car in front of my house. But, it was now a matter of self esteem and not over parking of car. Then B said something which turned around the whole story and I had to take a side. B said “In his span of 3 years stay in Switzerland, he never ever faced this situation and it is here only that the problem exists, and he had to do whatever he does (Survival of the fittest theory)”.

I was quick to say “If you are having so much problem here in India then why don’t you go back and stay forever in Switzerland”, to which A said “Good point”. And I came to my place asking A that there is no point talking to B. Now, as I re look into the matter, A and B both were fighting and the one who parked his car was having a sound sleep at his place. In the meantime, B said that the one who parked his car in B’s place was reluctant to remove his car.

Now, why (for God's sake) did I write all this? How does it affect you in any way?

Well, this is going to be a problem in every society where there is a middle income group growing each passing day and buying 4 wheelers. In a city like Gurgaon, where lot of people come in search of work is exploding with such examples. In some cases the Resident’s Welfare Association (RWA) take care of this, but there are place like ours where RWAs are ineffective.

I know this more of a case study. I will appreciate your inputs. And yes, I am planning to apologise B for my outrageous act (after all I am no one to suggest whether a person should stay In India or leave for a foreign nation) but maintain my stand that he should not have parked his car A’s place.

1 comment:

Himanshu Bhagat said...

A aur B kaun hain? ;) Mail kar ke bata mujhe - main to ABABAB.. karte karte confuse ho gaya :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails